Microsoft has released its newest version of windows called Windows 10. It is a free upgrade if you have Windows 7 or 8. Windows 10 has significant improvements in speed and usability compared to windows 8.
Windows 10 upgrade instructions
- Make sure your computer is running windows 7, 8, or 8.1. You can check by clicking here. Right-click on My Computer and selecting the Properties option. The second section of system information will say type: 32- or 64-bit, note which one it is.
- Go to this website: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. Scroll down and select the Download Tool Now link that corresponds to your version of Windows.
- Once the tool is downloaded, run it! You can find it in your downloads folder if you need to track it down.
- The first screen will ask you whether to upgrade your current version of windows or do a custom installation. Choose the upgrade option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, the installer will check for updates and inform you of any programs that might not be compatible with Windows 10.
- The installation process can take some time and reboot your computer several times.
Q: Can my system run Windows 10? A: This website lists all the system requirements: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications.
Q: What if I don’t like Windows 10? A: You have 30 days after upgrade to revert back to your previous version. This can be accomplished with minimal-to-no data loss.
Q: What happens if I need to re-install? A: There are several options to protect your computer and provide recovery and restore points. Ask us for more details!
I do not want to attempt this myself
Windows 10 is a free upgrade for customers . It does take a few steps, several reboots, and some new drivers to get it fully working. If this sounds like more “effort” than you are willing to spend, we can install the Windows 10 upgrade for you. We will even provide you with reinstall media on a USB flash drive. Get your computer upgraded to Windows 10 and USB media for $69.00.